6500# Pro Stock Gas
6500lb. Pro Stock Gas
Adopted January, 2020
- One ton pick-up truck chassis or less. Must retain full OEM frame rails front to rear. No tube chassis back halfs or tube chassis front halfs. Subframes allowed, though factory rails must be the basis of the foundation upon which everything is built upon. Absolutely no building a tube chassis or welding factory frame rails to it for looks.
- Solid Suspension allowed.
- No ballast can be any farther forward than 195” from the center of the rear axle.
- Hitch, hook point is a minimum of 36” from center of rear axle to hooking point. 24" hitch height. Hook plate must not bind with the hook in anyway. Must be stationary in all directions when hooked to the chain. Any discretions will be solved by picking the rear of the truck up to check movement. No part of the hitch ahead of center of rear axle.
- Open driveline allowed. This includes big front and rear axles, drop boxes and direct drive/reverser combinations.
- Tires are limited to 4 total with a maximum 36” tall DOT sidewall stamped tire. No metric conversion rule applies. No tire width limit.
- SFI Blow proof bellhousings absolutely mandatory.
- U-Joint shields mandatory at all joints. Minimum of 6” long and centered over the yokes. If aluminum, must be at least 3/8” thick. Steel must be ¼” thick at minimum.
- If running direct drive style couplers similar to a SCS set-up you must run the SCS type of tunnel.
- Must retain factory pick-up truck appearance of a one ton or less truck. Truck must retain steel cab shell, floorboards and doors. Must retain factory firewall or replace with the following options at the minimum 3/16 aluminum, .060 steel, ¼ lexan.
- Must retain OEM front and rear glass. Side windows can be lexan or non-existent.
- Fiberglass bedsides and hood.
- Bed floor may be removed and covered with tonneau cover.
- Tilt front ends, beds and bodies are okay.
- 632 Cubic Inch limit will be enforced.
- No 5.0 bore space engines.
- Limited to 1 single dominator style carb
- Naturally aspirated only! No blowers, superchargers, nitrous, or anything of the like.
- Cast Blocks
- No Fuel Injection
- No Billet Heads.
- 15” Front axle to back of block
- Fuel is limited to race gas only. No diesel blends, no alcohol, methanol or nitromethane.
- Dry sumps and external oiling systems allowed.
- Minimum 2.5# fire extinguisher on board and within driver’s reach.
- Helmet and fire jacket required.
- Working kill switch required.
- Light on hitch required.
- Must have working neutral or reverse light.
- No dirt slingers allowed.